Akula is a 59m expedition yacht built by Amels in 1974, with refits in 1999 and 2009.
Originally a pilot vessel for the Dutch Navy, she was converted into a superyacht by Vosper Thornycroft in England in 1999, at which time a helicopter deck and hangar were also added.
Three Deutz 600hp engines give Akula a cruising speed of 11 knots with a top speed of 13.5 and her rugged build quality makes her capable of worldwide cruising. She accommodates 10 guests in a Master, a VIP, 2 double, and 1 twin cabins.
Akula is listed for sale by Edmiston & Company and Bluewater asking $10,950,000.
- Yacht Type:Motor Yacht
- Yacht Subtype:Classic Yacht, Displacement, Expedition Yacht
- Length Overall:59.0m (193' 6")
- Length at Waterline:54.5m (178' 9")
- Beam:10.7m (35' 1")
- Max Draught:3.84m (12' 7")
- Gross Tonnage:865.00
- Displacement Tonnage:1075.00
- Year of Build:1974
- Hull Number:335
- Hull Type:Full Displacement
- Number of Decks:4
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed:13.50kn
- Cruising Speed:11.00kn
- Range (nm):6500.00nm @ 11.00kn
- Fuel Capacity:113000.00L / 29851.44USG
- Water Capacity:40000.00L / 10566.88USG
- Deck:Steel, Teak
- Passenger Rooms:5
- Master Rooms:1
- VIP Rooms:1
- Double Rooms:2
- Twin Rooms:1
- Flag:United Kingdom
*Not for sale to U.S. Residents while in U.S. Waters.
**Approximate price conversion.