Atlantis II is a 67.06m motor yacht built by Maryland Shipbuilding in 1962 to United States Navy specification with a grant from the National Science Foundation.
She went directly into service in with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution as a member of their research fleet and the national academic research fleet. She followed in the footsteps of the yacht Atlantis, after which a NASA Space Shuttle was named.
This superyacht served as a model for future generations of research and expedition vessels, and housed 25 scientists and as many crew. Today her 32 staterooms can accommodate over 60 guests.
Build & Design
- Builder:Maryland Shipbuilding
- Name: ATLANTIS II
- Yacht Type: Motor Yacht
- Yacht Subtype: Classic Yacht, Displacement, Expedition Yacht
- Length Overall: 67.06m (220' 0")
- Beam: 13.41m (43' 11")
- Max Draught: 4.27m (14' 0")
- Gross Tonnage: 1529.00
- Builder: Maryland Shipbuilding
- Year of Build: 1963
- Hull Type: Full Displacement
- Number of Decks: 5
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed: 14.00kn
- Cruising Speed: 12.00kn
- Fuel Capacity: 415441.00L / 109747.90USG
- Water Capacity: 100681.00L / 26597.11USG
- Make: Detroit Diesel
- Type: Diesel
- Quantity: 2
- Total Power: 2490.00hp
- Hull: Steel
- Superstructure: Steel
- Deck: Steel
**Approximate price conversion.