SPIRIT is a Bermudian cutterrigged sloop, and the only Swan 90 deckhouse built.
She is a unique and beautiful yacht. Developed from the Swan 86 and with design by Frers and build by Nautor she benefits from this experienced teams work. The Frers hull is a tried and true, fast, comfortable world cruiser.
Throughout her life the vessel had good care and maintenance, enjoying several refits including refitting and upgrades in 2008 in California. However following his purchase of the yacht in Sydney, Australia in 2013 the current owner placed SPIRIT though a most comprehensive refit and upgrade program during 2014 at Yachting Developments Ltd in New Zealand.
The key concepts of the refit were to modernize the vessel and provide contemporary living space, to renew equipment and improve reliability and sail handling, all whilst retaining her true heritage.
The work included:
· Full repaint of coachroof in white and hull topsides in “silver” (Anniversary Silver by Alexseal M9389).
· Removal of the aft deck / cockpit area and the addition of a new cockpit seating arrangement under a semifixed Bimini and the addition of new pedestals and twin wheels (in place of the original single wheel).
· The addition of a new guest cabin in the forward area (previously a fo’c’sle with crew berth and sail stowage.)
· Remodelling of the pilothouse (removing the old internal helm).
· Addition of a “scullery” area forward of the saloon on port side.
· All interior spaces were refitted, modernized and have new soft furnishings.
· All bathrooms have new fittings.
· New entertainment systems throughout.
· The yacht was completely rewired.
· Two new generators (replacing a single one previously).
· New watermaker.
· New s/s rod rigging. New running rigging.
· New sails.
Build & Design
- Exterior Designer:German Frers
- Yacht Type:Sail Yacht
- Yacht Subtype:Monohull
- Series, Model, Class:Swan 90
- Length Overall:26.59m (87' 2")
- Length at Waterline:21.1m (69' 2")
- Beam:6.38m (20' 11")
- Max Draught:3.48m (11' 5")
- Gross Tonnage:63.00
- Displacement Tonnage:57.00
- Builder:Nautor's Swan
- Year of Build:1991
- Hull Number:90/001
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed:11.00kn
- Cruising Speed:10.00kn
- Range (nm):1250.00nm @ 8.00kn
- Fuel Capacity:2540.00L / 671.00USG
- Water Capacity:1500.00L / 396.26USG
- Make:Volvo Penta
- Total Power:292.00hp
- Passenger Rooms:4
- Pullman Beds:2
- Master Rooms:1
- Double Rooms:2
- Twin Rooms:1
- Flag:Cayman Islands
**Approximate price conversion.
Contact the broker for more information
Northrop & Johnson Hong Kong