Delve into our Superyacht Design Symposium archives to find out more about the 2015 topics.
Glass as a construction material: A window to the future
• Technical advances in glass as a structural material – making yachts better
• Mullion rhythm and section
• Heat and weight impact
• Destruction tests – who bears the costs?
• PYC rules
ON THE PANEL: Ronno Schouten, James O’Callaghan, Jacques Pierrejean, Henning Fehrmann and Fiorenzo Spadoni
Audio visual – a sensory experience: What is round the corner?
• Experiential revolution or nightmare in usage
• What do owners and designers expect from AV technology and how can all the stakeholders work together to achieve it?
ON THE PANEL: Ameet Sarvaiya and Hans Konings
Craft and craftsmanship: the building blocks of luxury at sea
• Where art and fashion meets interior design
• Humidity control
• Managing the life of artwork on board
• A rendezvous with luxury – materials and craftsmanship
ON THE PANEL: Rémi Tessier, Adrian Sassoon, Ian Stallard, Patrik Fredrikson and Lady Tina Green
Responsible sustainable yachting: Luxury that is gentle with the environment
• Owners and designers setting an example
• What legacy do we want to leave to our grandchildren?
• Eco – hypoallergenic interiors
• Storage batteries and solar cells
• Water filtration
• Creative use of recycled materials
ON THE PANEL: Vienna Eleuteri, Céline Cousteau, Philippe Briand, Joyce Clear and the owner of 30.48m CNB S/Y Chrisco
Exterior or interior design – which comes first?
• Does the shape of the exterior define the interior or do the requirements of the interior define the shape of the exterior?
• When performance was king, naval architecture came first. With motor yachts getting larger is space taking priority over performance?
• How is the sophistication of land architecture driving owners’ expectations on the performance of interior spaces on yachts?
• Do exterior and interior designers need to be matched up from the outset in order to develop style and practicalities at sea?
ON THE PANEL: Terence Disdale, Andrew Winch, Tim Heywood, Espen Øino and Peder Eidsgaard
A leading architect shares his design philosophy with us along with his appraisal of current yacht design · Boat International’s new Editorial Director throws some light on her first year at the helm
ON THE PANEL: Piero Lissoni and Sacha Bonsor
Technical Workshops for 2015 include:
Designing with glass as a structural material
EXPERTS: Henning Fehrmann and Jürgen Jokat
AV and design
EXPERTS: Maurizio Minossi
Custom, semi-custom and platform – what are the implications for owner and designer
EXPERTS: Patrick Coote, Michael von der Heide and Peder Eidsgaard
Designing for security
EXPERT: Brian Peterman