The categories for the World Superyacht Awards 2018
We define sailing yachts as vessels primarily powered by their sails.
It is anticipated that this category will be divided into sub-categories once nominations have been received.
- Specifications list - A blank specifications list will be supplied for completion following the nomination of the yacht
- Yacht profile and general arrangement plan of all decks
- Standard polar diagram showing the yacht’s performance in various wind speeds and directions
- A maximum of three (3) A4 pages containing:
a) A statement from the owner detailing his requirements for the yacht and its anticipated use
b) A statement from the naval architect, exterior stylist and interior designers to describe how they achieved the owner’s wishes
c) A statement from the builder concerning the construction and highlighting any elements that he particularly wished to receive attention from the judges
- Photographs and video footage
a) Yachts may submit a MAX of 40 photographs
b) Video footage of each yacht submitted, a MAX of one (1) minute