The categories for the World Superyacht Awards 2018
Refitted or Rebuilt Yachts
This class is open to all yachts, motor or sail, over 30 metres that have undergone refits or rebuilds in the qualifying year. Commercial or other vessels that have been converted into yachts and re-entered service can also be nominated.
With the agreement of the Chairman, class boundaries may be redefined and classes may be amalgamated depending on the number of entries in each class.
- Specification List - A blank specifications list will be supplied for completion following the nomination of the yacht
- As for appropriate Motor or Sailing Yacht classes but showing ‘before refit/rebuild’ and ‘after refit/rebuild’ specifications
- Yacht profile and general arrangement plans, both pre-refit and post-refit, pre-rebuild and post-rebuild
- A maximum of three (3) A4 pages containing:
a) A statement from the owner explaining his refit/rebuild requirements for the yacht that would make the vessel more suitable for its anticipated use
b) A statement from the naval architect, exterior stylist and interior designers to describe how they achieved the owner’s wishes and listing the major upgrades carried out
c) A statement from the builder to highlight any difficulties encountered in the refit/rebuild, and to mention those elements that should receive particular attention from the judges
- Photographs and video footage
a) Yachts may submit a MAX of 40 photographs which should include before and after shots of the same areas
b) Video footage of each yacht submitted, a MAX of one (1) minute
c) One PDF containing pre refit/rebuild and post refit/rebuild photos side by side of the same areas