Spotlight: Classic motor yacht Lady May of Glandore
Builder: Philip & Son
Length: 31.46 metres
Asking: €2,500,000 with Camper & Nicholsons
A true classic, Lady May of Glandore was first delivered by British shipyard Philip & Son in 1929 under her original name Lady May. Having only changed ownership a handful of times in her near-100 year history, she has been meticulously maintained with continuous upgrades and refits, all the while retaining the charm and glamour her 1920s heydey.
Her traditional interiors are finished in mahogany panelling and can accommodate up to nine guests across four cabins, comprising a full-beam master suite with a king-size bed, a VIP suite and two twin cabins. On board she offers dining spaces indoors and al fresco, and her master stateroom is equipped with a private ensuite hammam. Up on the main deck, there is ample space for soaking up the sun and taking in the sea views.
Despite being almost a century old, this elegant tri-deck is capable of cruising in any weather condition. Built to Lloyd’s class and characterised by a canoe stern, her strong steel and aluminium superstructure offer excellent stability at sea.
She can reach a top speed of 11 knots under the power of her twin 152hp Gardner 8L3 diesel engines, and offers a range of 3,600 nautical miles when cruising at a speed of 10 knots.