The entry requirements of the Young Designer of the Year Award 2019
The Young Designer of the Year 2019 competition is open to designers who will be 28 years old or less on the 1st January 2019. Entrants must not have been employed for financial gain in a Yacht Design Studio*. In due course, all finalists (including winners) will be required to submit a copy of an official identity document (Passport or ID Card) in proof of their age.
This year’s event is for individuals, so in creating a design, competitors must work alone.
Submissions must not be published by individuals or third parties prior to the awards ceremony. Any breach of this rule will result in exclusion from the competition.
*Those wishing to enter who have been paid for living expenses during an internship of a Yacht Design Studio will be considered for entry but must declare their exact position at the time on entry.
*Entries close are now closed. *
- All entrants are invited to attend a Creative Breakfast during the Monaco Yacht Show in September 2018 to meet with fellow competitors as well as our experienced panel of judges
- All entrants (who submitted material) are invited to participate in the Young Designer Getaway hosted by Oceanco and Esthec in Holland in April 2019 (expenses not included)
- The top six finalist entries selected by the judges will be invited to an all-expenses paid visit to the Oceanco shipyard in Holland
- The top six finalists will also be given free admission to the Superyacht Design Symposium in January 2019 (expenses not included)
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of €3,000
- The winning entry will receive a 3-month paid internship with dutch shipyard Oceanco, including financial assistance for expenses
Additionally, entrants may be invited by a judge to complete internships within their design studio.
Should you require any clarification concerning the entry requirements, please email your query to YoungDesignerOfTheYear@boatinternationalmedia.com and we will be most happy to assist.