Sponsored by: OCEANCO
About the Young Designer of the Year Award 2017
The Young Designer of the Year competition is open to designers who will be 25 years old or less on the 1st January 2017. This year’s event is for individuals, so in creating a design, competitors must work alone.
In due course, all finalists (including winners) will be required to submit a copy of an official identity document (Passport or ID Card) in proof of their age.
This year for the first time, this competition has been divided into two categories that are intended to separate the experience levels of students of design from those competitors who have finished their studies and are employed as a designer or as an intern designer within the yachting industry.
The categories are:
- Student Designers. This category is for students of design currently in full-time or part time studies, who have on no occasion been in paid employment in yacht design. The age restrictions specified in the eligibility paragraph, above, remain in place.
- Full-Time Designers. This category is intended for designers who have completed their studies who are now in paid employment within the yachting industry. The age restrictions specified in the eligibility paragraph, above, remain in place.
Should you require any clarification concerning the category in which you fall, please email your query to: YoungDesignerOfTheYear@boatinternationalmedia.com and we will be most happy to assist.
- The top six finalist entries selected by the judges from the ‘Student Designers’ category will be invited on an all-expenses paid visit to the Oceanco shipyard in Holland
- The top three finalists will be given free admission to the Superyacht Design Symposium in Kitzbühel, Austria in February 2017
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of €5,000
- The top three finalists will receive free entry to the Superyacht Design Symposium in Kitzbühel, Austria in February 2017
- The winning entry in the ‘Full-Time Designers’ category will receive a prize of €2,000