Berthon represent Dashew Offshore’s range of 4x4 motor yachts in Europe. Built of tin by Circa Marine in New Zealand, they are the toughest rat race escape capsules on the market. From 64’ to 110’ there is around 1,100 feet of FPB afloat or under construction. For the uninitiated, there are a few imperatives that are available aboard all FPBs
- Safest, more comfortable means of crossing oceans.
- Recovery from capsize.
- Range of no less than 5,000 nautical miles.
- Ability to be handled with minimum crew.
- All main systems are doubled up.
- Solar array and hugh battery capacity gives up to a week at anchor without switching on the gen.
- Total accessibility of all the systems onboard for easy maintenance.
The first European purchased FPB left New Zealand early Spring 2014 arriving 3 months later in Guernsey after 12,500 uneventful nautical miles. The top speed achieved (surfing) during this passage was 22 knots.
For further information about these extraordinary motor yachts, please call or email us.
Build & Design
- Name: FPB 78
- Yacht Type: Motor Yacht
- Yacht Subtype: Expedition Yacht, Semi-displacement
- Series, Model, Class: FPB 78
- Length Overall: 26.27m (86' 2")
- Beam: 6.35m (20' 9")
- Max Draught: 1.4m (4' 7")
- Displacement Tonnage: 55.00
- Builder: Circa Marine
- Year of Build: 2016
- Hull Number: FPB 78-3
- Hull Type: Semi Displacement
- Number of Decks: 2
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed: 12.50kn
- Cruising Speed: 11.00kn
- Range (nm): 7700.00nm @ 10.00kn
- Fuel Capacity: 18350.00L / 4847.56USG
- Water Capacity: 7380.00L / 1949.59USG
- Make: John Deere
- Type: Diesel
- Quantity: 2
- Total Power: 470.00hp
- Hull: Aluminium
- Superstructure: Aluminium
- Deck: Aluminium
- Guests: 6
- Passenger Rooms: 3
- Master Rooms: 1
- Double Rooms: 2
- MCA Compliant: Yes
**Approximate price conversion.