"Pilar" is an exact replica of Ernest Hemingway’s famous 1934 Wheeler sport fishing boat. Every detail of the original “Pilar” has been incorporated into this replica after extensive design & build research.
“Pilar” was built by Brownell Boat Works in 1960, and designed by Walter McInnes for rugged offshore fishing. Hemingway used his “Pilar” in Florida, the Bahamas, and Cuba, helping to popularize offshore sport fishing.
The extensive restoration work including “Hemingway’s flying bridge” was done by Walter Schulz of Shannon Yachts in 2015.
“Pilar” is a perfect vessel for Hemingway aficianados and sport fisherman alike. “Pilar” is equipped to carry up to 12 passengers for day charters.
Build & Design
- Exterior Designer:Walter J. Mcinnis
- Name: PILAR
- Yacht Type: Motor Yacht
- Yacht Subtype: Classic Yacht, Semi-displacement, Sportfishing Yacht
- Length Overall: 11.58m (37' 11")
- Length at Waterline: 10.36m (33' 11")
- Beam: 3.93m (12' 10")
- Displacement Tonnage: 8.50
- Builder: Brownell Boat Works
- Year of Build: 1960
- Hull Type: Semi Displacement
- Number of Decks: 2
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed: 12.00kn
- Cruising Speed: 10.00kn
- Fuel Capacity: 757.00L / 199.98USG
- Water Capacity: 227.00L / 59.97USG
- Make: Yanmar
- Type: Diesel
- Quantity: 2
- Total Power: 150.00hp
- Hull: Composite, Wood
- Superstructure: Composite, Wood
- Deck: Teak
- Guests: 4
- Passenger Rooms: 2
- Flag: United States
**Approximate price conversion.