Designed as a cruiser-racer, the Southern Wind 78 ELISE WHISPER is ideal for both bluewater navigation and competitive races. Her deck layout features a large guest cockpit protected by a collapsible and recessed dodger, which is well separated from the sailing cockpit. She is the perfect yacht for families, friends, and couples to spend an amazing time together with an experienced regatta captain and an Italian/French chef on board.
Thanks to an accurate refit, carried out under the supervision of Southern Wind Shipyard customer care team, ELISE WHISPER boasts a completely new teak, which appraises her clean and flush deck.
Below deck, ELISE WHISPER has 3 luxury cabins, including a 16sqm Master Cabin. She features freshly renovated, light, modern interiors thanks to a classic teak-lined saloon with an ivory natural fabric upholstery, a teak and holly floor, and a white ceiling. This area is accessed by a stairway from the upper deck and occupies the full beam width of the yacht, accommodating both an 8/10-seater dining table, a comfortable conversation area and luxury accessories including a refrigerator and an icemaker.
SW78 ELISE WHISPER boasts an impressive record of sporting achievements: as winner of the 2009 SWS Trophy, she also claimed 1st place in her division at the 2009 Rolex Fastnet Race, and 1st place in the 2009 Mini Maxy Rolex Cup (cruising racing class). ELISE WHISPER has also competed in three editions of Les Voiles de St. Tropez, coming in with a highly respectable 2nd place in 2013.
- First unit in the successful SW78 mini-series designed by Reichel Pugh
- Categorized as a cruiser-racer : uncompromising performance, elegance as well as comfort
- Italian crew on board with a fine italian chef
- Ample and protected guest cockpit separated by the aft crew cockpit granting privacy
- Shading facilities : dodger, bimini and a boom-extended awning
- Freshly renovated light modern interiors: classic teak-lined saloon with ivory upholstery
- Saloon equipped with TV and multimedia: internet, CDroms, FM radio, and connection to iPad and Iphone
- Spacious and wide en suite master cabin at the stern & all guest cabins are air-conditioned
- Length Overall:23.99 metres
- Length at Waterline:20.5 metres
- Beam:5.9 metres
- Max Draught:3.8 metres
- Displacement Tonnage:34
- Builder:Southern Wind Shipyard
- Year of Build:2001
- Hull Number:78RP/1
- Hull Type:Monohull
Performance & Capacities
- Max Speed:10 kn
- Cruising Speed:9 kn
- Engine Make:Yanmar
- Total power:230hp