The categories for the World Superyacht Awards 2019
We define sailing yachts as vessels primarily powered by their sails.
This category will be divided into sub-categories once nominations have been received.
- Specifications list - A blank specifications list will be supplied for completion following the nomination of the yacht
- Yacht profile and general arrangement plan of all decks
- Standard polar diagram showing the yacht’s performance in various wind speeds and directions
- A maximum of three (3) A4 pages containing:
a) A statement from the owner detailing his requirements for the yacht and its anticipated use
b) A statement from the naval architect, exterior stylist and interior designers to describe how they achieved the owner’s wishes
c) A statement from the yacht's builder concerning the construction of the yacht, highlighting any elements that he particularly wishes to draw to the attention of the judges
- Photographs and video footage
a) Yachts of 60m LOA and above may submit up to 40 suitably captioned photographs of sufficient standard for projection onto a large screen
b) Yachts below 60m LOA may submit up to 30 suitable captioned photographs of sufficient standard for projection onto a large screen
c) A short video clip of around 2 minutes may be submitted, but is not a required element