The entry requirements of the Young Designer of the Year Award 2021
The Young Designer of the Year 2021 competition is open to designers who will be 28 years old or less on the 1st January 2021. Entrants must not have been employed for financial gain in a Yacht Design Studio*. In due course, all finalists (including winners) will be required to submit a copy of an official identity document (Passport or ID Card) in proof of their age.
This year’s event is for individuals, so in creating a design, competitors must work alone.
Submissions must not be published by individuals or third parties prior to the awards ceremony. Any breach of this rule will result in exclusion from the competition.
*Those wishing to enter who have been paid for living expenses during an internship of a Yacht Design Studio will be considered for entry but must declare their exact position at the time on entry.
- All entrants are invited to attend a Creative Breakfast during the Monaco Yacht Show in September 2020 to meet with fellow competitors as well as our experienced panel of judges
- All entrants (who submit material) are invited to participate in the Young Designer Getaway hosted by Oceanco in the Netherlands in April 2021 (expenses not included)
- The top six finalist entries selected by the judges will be invited to a visit to the Oceanco shipyard in The Netherlands
- The top six finalists will also be given free admission to the Superyacht Design Festival in early 2021 (expenses not included)
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of €3,000
- The winning entry will receive a special experience with Dutch shipyard Oceanco
Should you require any clarification concerning the entry requirements, please email your query to YoungDesignerOfTheYear@boatinternationalmedia.com and we will be most happy to assist.