Drettmann-Sunrise, a new group in the superyacht industry
by Raphael Montigneaux
Following the initiative of Herbert P. Baum, co-founder of Sunrise Yachts, a new group emerges in the superyacht industry. Drettmann and Sunrise Yachts join their forces to create the Drettmann-Sunrise Group.
This news marks also the re-birth of the family group Drettmann which was forced to file for insolvency in May 2010. Drettmann was historically linked to Taiwanese shipyards with her famous Bandido, Elegance and Premier series.
This new association will allow both companies to combine facilities, resources and expertise from Germany and Turkey to offer high-quality, cost-effective yacht building solutions and services to the international market.
The activities of Drettmann will now include:
- Drettmann Motoryachts (semi-displacement) – 20m to 37m (composite construction)
- Drettmann Explorers – 27 to 37m and above (steel & aluminium construction)
- Drettmann Superyachts – 46 to 65m by Espen Øino (steel & aluminium construction)
- Drettmann Classics – 12 to 18m (composite construction)
- Custom motoryacht projects in the 40 to 65m size range in collaboration with world-class yacht designers
- Refit up to 600 tons – to be increased soon to 1,200 tons (current projects include a 41m KaiserWerft, a 47m Heesen,
and a 27m Kingship)
To complete the Sunrise Yachts' superyacht offer, Drettmann will introduce new product lines at the Düsseldorf Boat Show in January 2011.
Subscribe to BOAT Pro to access brokerage sales data and unlimited specs for 11,838 yachts in our Superyacht Directory – the world’s most comprehensive superyacht data.Get Started
- FRESH INDUSTRY DATA
- MARKET INSIGHT
- GLOBAL ORDER BOOK DOWNLOADS
- EXCLUSIVE REPORTS
- MONTHLY SUMMARY EMAIL
- UNLIMITED ACCESS TO SUPERYACHT SPECIFICATIONS