Topics and Speakers for BOAT Live: Life Under Sail
Please note this page will continue to be updated.
Hear experts discuss market trends, challenges and opportunities for growth. Discuss the next generation and how to connect with new audiences. Meet innovators behind technological breakthroughs. Gain insights into the future of performance sailing. Discuss the latest ecological design initiatives from the world's leading designers. Network with sailing industry stakeholders and owners.
State of the Market
What is the current market situation? Hear analysis based on the Global Order Book and research of the BOAT Pro team. Discuss the market with leading experts from the new construction and brokerage sectors.
- Will Bishop, Sales & New Construction Broker, YPI
- Barbara Müller, Senior Charter Broker, Ocean Independence
- Lamberto Tacoli, Chairman & CEO, Perini Navi
- Enrico Chieffi, Vice President, Nautor’s Swan
What is the next leap in design and technology for the most environmentally compatible mode of yachting. Learn what developments can be expected. Leading R&D specialists analyse trends, options and innovations in the sailing industry.
- Alain Janet, CEO, Sail Cloth System
- Marcello Persico, CEO, Persico Marine
- Jeremy Elliott, Director, North Sails Design Services
Next Generation Sailing
How do we generate interest and enthusiasm for the sailing lifestyle? Is there too much industry focus on racing? Are sailing yachts the logical choice for environmentally conscious exploring? Senior industry stakeholders share ideas on how to reach generations Y and Z.
- Michael Schmidt, Founder & Managing Partner, Y Yachts
- Jonathan Beckett, Managing Partner & CEO, Burgess
- Henry Hawkins, Executive Vice President, Baltic Yachts
- Andrea Micheli, Sales Director, Southern Wind
- Stefano de Vivo, Managing Director, Wally Yachts
Can speed and comfort be optimised in a single package? Are catamarans simply the future of sailing? Should all yachts have foils and who can handle them? What features could inspire motor yacht owners to jump ship? The world’s best designers weigh in.
- Gordon Kay, Owner, Infiniti Yachts
- Ruurt Meulemans, Director, Hoek Design
- Bill Tripp, Naval Architect, Tripp Design
Into the Unknown
Owners are setting sail to discover unknown areas. Find out what yachts are suitable. Learn how to prepare. Experienced captains explain proper building, equipment and agenda setting.
Raising the Bar
With sailing yachts reaching lengths of 100 metres-plus, what complexities do maxi dimensions bring? Join us for a case study of a supersailer.
- Thys Nikkels, Managing Director, Dykstra Naval Architects