The Young Designer of the Year Award 2024 is open to designers who will be 28 years old or less on 1 January 2024. Entrants must not have been employed for financial gain in a yacht design studio*. In due course, all finalists (including winners) will be required to submit a copy of an official identity document (Passport or ID Card) as proof of their age.
This year’s event is for individuals, so in creating a design, competitors must work alone.
Submissions must not be published by individuals or third parties prior to the awards ceremony. Any breach of this rule will result in exclusion from the competition.
*Those wishing to enter who have been paid for living expenses during an internship at a yacht design studio will be considered for entry but must declare their exact position at the time of entry.
- All entrants are invited to attend a Young Designer Creative Breakfast hosted by Feadship during the Monaco Yacht Show in September 2023 to meet with fellow competitors as well as our experienced panel of judges
- The top six finalist entries selected by the judges will be invited to a visit to the Feadship shipyard in The Netherlands
- The top six finalists will also be given free admission to the Superyacht Design Festival in early 2024 (expenses not included)
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of €3,000
- The winning entry will receive a special experience with Feadship
We're excited to announce that this year we will award a special prize to individuals who have demonstrated exceptional skills in a specific aspect of their design, even if their overall project does not qualify for the winning Young Designer of the Year Award. Whether it's a remarkable idea or outstanding technical abilities, we want to make sure that all talented designers have a chance to be acknowledged for their hard work and dedication. We'll be sharing more details about this exciting development in the coming months, so stay tuned!
Entries for the Young Designer of the Year Award 2024 are now closed and the winners will be announced at the Superyacht Design Festival (28-30 January).T&Cs