Full-Service Facilities in Falmouth, UK
Unrivalled access from deep sea to dry dock
Pendennis’ base in Falmouth, England, is a state-of-the-art full-service facility that caters to both new custom construction as well as refits that span substantial rebuilds to routine class and flag work. The facility has expanded and evolved throughout the shipyard’s 30-plus years in business to meet growing demand for winter refits as well as the increasing LOA of new builds.
Following a major renovation is 2015, the yard boasts two 90-metre construction halls, one 45-metre construction hall with side by side bays and two 75-metre dry docks, which can be combined for very large refit projects. These are all 100 per cent environmentally controlled with high-tech dust extraction systems so superyachts can be painted in place.
Also completed in 2015 is a non-tidal wet basin with direct access to deep water. This protected bay allows for haul-outs regardless of tides and forms a holding area before and after a yacht’s time in the yard.
In 2019, Pendennis replaced its 640-tonne lift with a new 800-tonne hoist, capable of lifting yachts up to 60 metres on the hard for refit work. Alongside berthing, the wet basin is also available for short refit works for yachts up to 100 metres long.
All of this is supported by modern, purpose-built workshops, offices and storage facilities for Pendennis’ tradespeople and yacht crew. A new four-storey building has increased this support space as well as added an impressive hospitality suite. A private helicopter pad welcomes clients, and crew have access to a gym, private offices and a training centre.
- 2 x 75m fully enclosed Dry Docks (or one 150m x 24m)
- 2 x 90m Construction Halls (1,800m²)
- 1 x 45m Construction Hall (1,200m²)
- 7,564m² of enclosed non-tidal Wet Basin
- Alongside berthing for boats up to 100m
- 800 tonne travel Hoist
- 1400m² Refit Complex (housing paint, joinery and engineering workshops, and project management offices)
- Hard standing area for external works
- Bespoke 80m Mast Hall
- 200m² Finishing Workshop
- 1200m² General Stores and Crew Storage
- Crew facilities: Training Centre, Gym and Offices
- 420m² Hospitality Suite
- Private onsite Helicopter Pad