icon_arrow_down icon_arrow_left icon_arrow_left_large icon_arrow_right icon_arrow_right_large icon_arrow_up icon_bullet_arrow icon_call icon_close icon_facebook icon_googleplus icon_grid_off icon_instagram icon_login icon_mail icon_menu icon_message icon_minus icon_pinterest icon_plus icon_quote_end icon_quote_start icon_refresh icon_search icon_tick_on icon_twitter icon_video_play icon_youtube

Sign up to our mailing list for the latest Boat International & Events news.


Missing your newsletter?

If you’ve unsubscribed by mistake and would like to continue to hear about the latest Boat International & Events news, update your preferences now and let us know which emails you’d like to receive.

No, thanks
Dalian Wanda Group completes acquisition of yacht builder Sunseeker International

Dalian Wanda Group completes acquisition of yacht builder Sunseeker International

Announced in June, Chinese commercial property and entertainment conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group made a significant investment in British yacht builder Sunseeker International. Today, the Wanda Group officially announced the completion of its acquisition of Sunseeker.

The Chinese group's total investment value is £320 million, with Wanda holding a 91.81 per cent majority stake while the remaining 8.19 per cent is held by Sunseeker management.

'We are excited to embark on the next chapter in the development of Sunseeker’s business and look forward to building upon the company’s reputation of excellence,' said Wang Jianlin, Wanda's chairman. 'Wanda is well positioned to help Sunseeker capitalise on the trend we see for China and other growth markets to contribute significantly to global expansion in the luxury yacht sector over the next few years.'

Upgrade your account
Your account at BOAT International doesn't include a BOAT Pro subscription. Please subscribe to BOAT Pro in order to unlock this content.
Subscribe More about BOAT Pro