Vripack Research 2000 LUCKY JACK is a proper little ship, originally built at Kuipers Shipyard to unmistakable designs by Vripack, she is based on the Doggersbank series. Whilst she is perfect for serious passage making, the charm of her design and build is that she can be handled without the need for crew as you wish, or with a minimum number. This makes her suitable for family, owner-driver cruising.
The original build with a steel hull and aluminium superstructure is both robust and finely finished. She has a fantastic bridge with all round visibility and a lovely deck saloon. She also has a lot of deck space and large areas for alfresco dining. She has four sleeping cabins all of which are en-suite.
Between 2019 and 2021, LUCKY JACK was substantially refitted at the De Gier Shipyard in Holland in order to fit her for a world cruise to the high latitudes This plan has now been shelved, and this ocean ready explorer is now available for sale in full cruising trim.
The refit was all-encompassing, but the list below incorporates the main headline works:
- Stern extension to Lloyds.
- Stainless steel bow protector.
- New Awlgrip midnight blue topside paint.
- Rework of the underwater body and new antifouling.
- All portlights removed and refitted and new storm boards fitted.
- Custom built RIB tender to commercial standards.
- New custom built hydraulic crane mast.
- New custom built antenna mast, hydraulic lowering.
- Engines and generators totally serviced.
- Fuel tanks opened and cleaned.
- New engine room and lazarette ventilation.
- 230/400V AC system total upgrade.
- 24V DC system – replaced.
- Freshwater tanks opened and cleaned and water system overhauled.
- Grey and black water tanks opened and cleaned and systems overhauled.
- Hydraulic system overhauled.
- Rudders removed and refurbished.
- New Fire Pro system in engine room and lazarette.
- Full overhaul of the air conditioning systems.
- New Kabola central heating.
- Maretron system fitted.
- New Furuno network navigation system with professional Doppler radar.
- New communications and Wi-Fi system.
- New soft furnishings throughout.
- New LED lighting system throughout.
- New deckhead and side panels.
- New carpets.
- New Corian surfaces.
- New galley equipment with Miele.
- New layout and control system for the pilothouse.
- Length Overall:22.9 metres
- Length at Waterline:19.82 metres
- Beam:5.9 metres
- Max Draught:2.1 metres
- Displacement Tonnage:86.21
- Hull Type:Steel
- Engine Make:Cummins
- Passenger Rooms:4