icon_arrow_down icon_arrow_left icon_arrow_left_large icon_arrow_right icon_arrow_right_large icon_arrow_up icon_bullet_arrow icon_call icon_close icon_facebook icon_googleplus icon_grid_off icon_instagram icon_login icon_mail icon_menu icon_message icon_minus icon_pinterest icon_plus icon_quote_end icon_quote_start icon_refresh icon_search icon_tick_on icon_twitter icon_video_play icon_youtube

Sign up to our mailing list for the latest Boat International & Events news.


Missing your newsletter?

If you’ve unsubscribed by mistake and would like to continue to hear about the latest Boat International & Events news, update your preferences now and let us know which emails you’d like to receive.

No, thanks
Sanlorenzo to return to 100% Italian ownership

Sanlorenzo to return to 100% Italian ownership

Italian yard Sanlorenzo has returned to being 100% Italian owned.

Chairman and chief executive Massimo Perotti has bought back 23% of the yard’s shares from the Chinese company Sundiro Holding.

The shares were originally sold in 2013 to safeguard the Italian company against the financial crisis while developing the Chinese market for boats under 20 metres.

The shares were resold to Perotti as a result of the Chinese market failing to “take off” and Sundiro developing a liquidity problem, Perotti told the Italian newspaper La Stampa.

The news comes after Perotti bought back the 16% stake previously sold to Fondo Italiano di Investimento last summer.

The developments mean that the Perotti family now owns 96% of the company shares while Sanlorenzo management holds the remaining 4%.

Perotti said he expects revenue to increase by 20% this year on 2018’s reported €380 million.

He also revealed the company will invest €100 million by 2020, with 52% of the sum invested in new facilities, 42% in new products and 6% in research and development.

Upgrade your account
Your account at BOAT International doesn't include a BOAT Pro subscription. Please subscribe to BOAT Pro in order to unlock this content.
Subscribe More about BOAT Pro