CALYPSO is a 38.4 m Motor Yacht, built in Netherlands by Feadship and delivered in 1978.
Her top speed is 13.5 kn, her cruising speed is 12.0 kn, and she boasts a maximum cruising range of 4650.0 nm at 10.0 kn, with power coming from two Caterpillar diesel engines. She can accommodate up to 8 guests in 4 staterooms, with 7 crew members waiting on their every need. She has a gross tonnage of 271.0 GT and a 7.5 m beam.
She was designed by H.W. De Voogt, who also completed the naval architecture. H.W. De Voogt has designed 51 yachts and created the naval architecture for 56 yachts.
CALYPSO is in the top 30% by LOA in the world. She is one of 1034 motor yachts in the 35-40m size range, and, compared to similarly sized motor yachts, her volume is 6.81 GT above the average.
CALYPSO is currently sailing under the Jamaica flag, the 9th most popular flag state for superyachts with a total of 169 yachts registered. She is known to be an active superyacht and has most recently been spotted cruising near United States of America. For more information regarding CALYPSO's movements, find out more about BOAT Pro AIS.
- Name: CALYPSO
- Previous Names: CLAYBETH,BERILDA,THE HIGHLANDER (IV),THE VIRGINIAN,LADY ALLISON,SIRENUSE
- Yacht Type: Motor Yacht
- Yacht Subtype: Displacement
- Builder: Feadship
- Naval Architect: H.W. De Voogt
- Exterior Designer: H.W. De Voogt
- Interior Designer: F. David Von Thaden, Nora Gugel Of A La Mer
- Refits: 2004-01-01,2014-01-01,2017-11-01,2016-12-01