This category is for students of design currently in full-time or part time studies, who have on no occasion been in paid employment in yacht design. The age restrictions specified in the eligibility paragraph, above, remain in place.
This category is intended for designers who have completed their studies who are now in paid employment within the yachting industry. The age restrictions specified in the eligibility paragraph, above, remain in place.
- The top six finalist entries selected by the judges from the ‘Student Designers’ category will be invited on an all-expenses paid visit to the Oceanco shipyard in Holland
- The top six finalists will also be given free admission to the Superyacht Design Symposium in Kitzbühel, Austria in January 2018
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of €2,500 and a 4-week, all-expenses paid internship with dutch shipyard Oceanco
All entrants for this category must be 25 years or less on the 1 January 2018.
- The top three finalists will receive free entry to the Superyacht Design Symposium in Kitzbühel, Austria in January 2018
- The winning entry in the ‘Professional Designers’ category will receive a prize of €2,500
All entrants for this category must be 30 years or less on the 1 January 2018.
Should you require any clarification concerning the category in which you fall, please email your query to: YoungDesignerOfTheYear@boatinternationalmedia.com and we will be most happy to assist.