icon_arrow_down icon_arrow_left icon_arrow_left_large icon_arrow_right icon_arrow_right_large icon_arrow_up icon_bullet_arrow icon_call icon_close icon_facebook icon_googleplus icon_grid_off icon_instagram icon_login icon_mail icon_menu icon_message icon_minus icon_pinterest icon_plus icon_quote_end icon_quote_start icon_refresh icon_search icon_tick_on icon_twitter icon_video_play icon_youtube

Sign up to our mailing list for the latest Boat International & Events news.

SIGN UP

Missing your newsletter?

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came in to effect on the 25th May might mean that you’ve stopped receiving emails from us. To make sure you don’t miss out on any more emails from Boat International update your email preferences now.

UPDATE NOW
No, thanks

Ed Dubois forms new child cancer charity

Ed Dubois and his wife Honor have formed The Dubois Child Cancer Fund. This is because he approached his owners about how best to develop this important fund-raising aspect of the Dubois Cup regatta. His clients see it as being important for Ed to become personally involved and join the peer review group of the clinicians and doctors who decide where funds go: to which research programmes.

He raised £350,000 from just three clients in late 2010 for a specific research programme at Southampton Medical School that was running out of cash; it took just three phone calls and two meetings with three of his owners. Ed says that this direct approach with a known research programme that he understands and can describe is the way to go.

Ed goes on to say, “This will be a life-long thing for me and Honor and the aim is to do with Neuroblastoma what has been achieved with child Leukaemia, whereby 20 years ago Leukaemia victims had a 10% chance of survival, and now it is 90%.

“Only 35% of children with Neuroblastoma survive but, with the various research programmes underway, we believe that with enough funding, this rate can be greatly improved within 5 years.”

Subscribe to BOAT Pro to access brokerage sales data and unlimited specs for 11,277 yachts in our Superyacht Directory – the world’s most comprehensive superyacht data.

SUBSCRIBE
BOAT PRO FEATURES
BOAT Pro is the only superyacht market intelligence product that can offer:
  • FRESH INDUSTRY DATA
  • MARKET INSIGHT
  • GLOBAL ORDER BOOK DOWNLOADS
  • EXCLUSIVE REPORTS
  • MONTHLY SUMMARY EMAIL
  • UNLIMITED ACCESS TO SUPERYACHT SPECIFICATIONS
Upgrade your account
Your account at BOAT International doesn't include a BOAT Pro subscription. Please subscribe to BOAT Pro in order to unlock this content.
Subscribe More about BOAT Pro