Located off the Bay of Biscay in southern France, Chantier Naval Couach builds semi-custom luxury yachts from 13.65 to 50 metres in exotic composite materials.
History of Couach Yachts
In 1897, Albert Couach founded a shipyard on Arcachon Bay and pioneered the manufacture of early marine engines. In 1946, his grandson, Guy Couach, joined the yard and began building well-received commercial and military boats. In 1962, he renamed the company Guy Couach Shipyard, and focused on building performance boats and luxury yachts in advanced composites. In 1970, the shipyard launched Aramat, one of the earliest yachts built with Kevlar composite.
The shipyard changed hands several times over the years, re-launching as Chantier Naval Couach in 2009 with the goal of entering the superyacht sector of the industry. The local industrial investor group Nepteam acquired the shipyard, informally known as Couach Yachts, in 2011.