Baglietto and CCN to Close due to Coronavirus Outbreak
by Miranda Blazeby
Italian yard Baglietto has closed in response to tighter measures announced by the Italian government as it fights to control the country’s coronavirus outbreak.
Baglietto and CCN Shipyards have ceased production and will reopen on April 3, a statement said.
On March 22, the Italian government tightened its quarantine measures, announcing it was shutting down the predominant portion of all industrial production and offices.
The decree stated that only companies making ‘essential products” can stay open.
“The situation (…) is evolving very quickly and unfortunately the latest news for our country is not encouraging at all and needs more drastic action,” Baglietto's statement said.
The yard added that safety and security services will remain working in order to ensure the “safety of the shipyard and the yachts.”
It comes after a number of leading superyacht yards from around the world revealed how they are coping with the COVID-19 crisis last week.
In January this year, Baglietto delivered its 55 metre superyacht Severin’s to its owner after launching the yacht last year.