Want to enjoy a quarantini happy hour at home while in lockdown? Serve up your favourite alcoholic drinks with the best home cocktail recipes by hotel bartenders from around the world. For even more choices, check out the amazing quarantine-themed cocktail recipes created by superyacht crews for our Virtual BOAT Show.
The Best Home Cocktail Recipes from the World's Top Bars
45 Park Lane Shallow Negroni
BAR 45, located inside the 45 Park Lane hotel, London, is known for its creative negroni trolley. Bar manager Francesco Orefici shares the recipe.
- 30 ml Campari - buy it here
- 30 ml red vermouth - try a bottle of Belsazar
- 40-50ml champagne - try Möet & Chandon Impérial Brut NV
- Orange peel to garnish
- Pour the Campari and sweet vermouth into a mixing glass filled up with ice cubes. Stir the cocktail with a long bar spoon (mixing spoon).
- Using a cocktail strainer pour the chilled liquid into a rock glass full of ice cubes.
- Top up with champagne, give a last stir before squeezing the orange peel over the cocktail.
- Twist the orange peel and let it drop into the glass.
The Tranquillizer from Four Seasons Oahu
This cocktail is a favourite from Mina’s Fish House restaurant at the Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, created to incite the tastes and smells of Hawaii.
- 1 fifth Del Maguey Vida mezcal - buy it here
- 1 fifth Espolon tequila - buy it here
- 3 ounces pineapple juice - try a bottle of Alain Milliat
- 1 ounce banana puree
- Kiwi (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin. Shake with ice.
- Double strain into a collins or pilsner glass.
- Add pebbled ice.
- Garnish with a kiwi wheel, edible butterfly, and two pineapple fronds.
Daios Cove Spritz
The Clumsies bar in Athens curates the cocktail menu for Daios Cove hotel in Crete, which includes this Greek twist on an Aperol Spritz.
- 60 ml Otto’s Athens Vermouth - buy it here
- 25 ml Cretan mountain tea
- Throumpi (or fresh oregano) cordial
- Top up with sparkling water/soda water - try Double Dutch
- Add all ingredients into a white wine glass with ice cubes and stir.
- Garnish with Lemon peel and cucumber peel.
Hotel Byblos Royal
- 25ml cherry liqueur - try a bottle of Grand Marnier cherry
- 25ml ginger liqueur - try a bottle of King's Ginger
- Champagne Brut Rosé - try a bottle of Laurent-Perrier
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint
- Lime wedge
- Mix the cherry and ginger liqueur and top up with champagne.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, mint and a lime wedge.
Hotel Metropole Green Attitude Mocktail
For a non-alcoholic cocktail try this healthy smoothie from Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo in Monaco.
- 10 leaves of spinach
- 5 basil leaves
- ½ green apple
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 15 cl of apple juice - try Alain Milliat Cox Apple Juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender and serve.
Beverly Hills Co-Co Cabana
For a summery drink, use this recipe from the Beverly Hills hotel in Los Angeles.
- 1oz premium dark rum - try a bottle of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
- 1oz Bacardi rum - try a bottle of Bacardi Anejo Cuatro
- 1oz coconut-flavoured rum - try a bottle of Bacardi coconut
- 2oz coconut syrup - try Monin syrup
- One fresh coconut
- Scoop out the inside of a fresh coconut and set aside 2-3oz of the coconut water.
- Combine the coconut water with the other liquid ingredients and add a little ice.
- Pour the mixture into the coconut and garnish with a cocktail umbrella.
Brown's Hotel Spicy Fifty
Served at The Donovan Bar inside Brown's Hotel, London, the Spicy Fifty is an intriguing combination of sweet, sour and spicy flavours. Brown's bartender and world renowned drink maestro, Salvatore Calabrese, shares his recipe for you to recreate at home.
- 50 ml Stolichnaya vanilla vodka - buy it here
- 15 ml elderflower cordial - try a bottle of Urban Cordial
- 15 ml fresh lime juice
- 10 ml honey syrup - try a bottle of Monin
- 2 thin slices red chilli pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake sharply and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a red eye chili sitting on the edge of the glass.
Four Seasons Doha Lychee Martini
This sweet drink is served at the Nobu restaurant, located inside the Four Seasons hotel in Qatar's capital Doha.
- 50ml vodka - try a bottle of Grey Goose
- 90ml lychee puree
- 10ml elderflower syrup - try a bottle of Monin
- Add the vodka, lychees, syrup and some ice to a cocktail shaker, shake well and serve in a martini glass over ice.
Brown's Hotel Breakfast Martini
Salvatore Calabrese shares his recipe for his iconic drink The Breakfast Martini, served at The Donovan Bar inside Brown's Hotel, London.
- 50 ml London dry gin - try a bottle of Salcombe Gin
- 15 ml Cointreau - buy it here
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 full bar spoon of thin cut orange marmalade - try a pot of Burlington Breakfast Marmalade
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Shred some orange peel on the top of the drink as garnish and serve.
Lady Rose from the Grand Hotel Dei Dogi; The Dedica Anthology
Romantic boutique Grand Hotel Dei Dogi; The Dedica Anthology is home to La Voga bar, where this cocktail is served. Bar manager Alessandro Caro shares his recipe for the floral cocktail inspired by the botanical gardens of the Venetian hotel.
- 40 ml infusion of verbena, mint tea and orange blossoms
- 20ml homemade rose petal syrup - or buy it ready-made here
- 40ml Moscato Fiori D’Arancio Colli Euganei Maeli - buy it here
- Raspberries, blackberries and mint leaves for garnish
- To infuse: soak the tea bag in boiling water and allow to cool.
- To make the rose petal syrup: boil water and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Next, mix in rose petal and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup and allow to cool.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake well. Serve in a tumbler and fill with crushed ice.
- Stir and garnish with berries and mint leaves.
Four Seasons Hampshire Wild Carrot Cocktail
Tucked away in the English countryside, the Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is perfect for an out-of-town weekend. This gin-based cocktail is served at the hotel's Wild Carrot restaurant, which sources its produce exclusively from local farmers.
- 50ml gin - try a bottle of Tanqueray No.TEN
- 40ml pomegranate juice - buy a bottle here
- 40ml pineapple juice - try a bottle of Alain Milliat
- 10ml tonic syrup - try a bottle of Bermondsey tonic syrup
- 15ml lime juice
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Dry shake, hard shake and serve in a martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist & Peychaud Bitters.
Quinta do Lago Agave Punch Mocktail
This alcohol-free cocktail is infused with mediterranean flavours, and is normally served at The Shack restaurant inside Portugal'sQuinta do Lago resort.
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- 15ml agave nectar - try a bottle of Monin agave syrup
- 1/2 passion fruit
- 2 strawberries
- 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice - try a bottle of Alain Milliat
- Crushed ice
- Place strawberries, passion fruit seeds and agave nectar in a glass and crush with a muddler or end of a rolling pin.
- Add orange juice and crushed ice then stir and serve.