27,000 attend first Venice Boat Show
by Miranda Blazeby
More than 27,000 people attended the first Venice Boat Show over the weekend.
The show, which had more than 50 yachts on display, took place from June 18 – 23 at Venice’s historic Arsenale.
Plans are already underway for the second edition of the event next year, with Venice mayor Luigi Brugnaro voicing his support for the successful event.
"We do not want this edition to be an impromptu event, so much so that we have already begun to collect entries for the next edition."
Fabrizio D'Oria, director of events communication and Venice Boat Show organiser MICE, said the first edition was "an important starting point" for the event, which he hopes will become a regular feature of the boat show calendar.
"The foundations have been laid for future editions of the event," he added.
Alongside the selection of sailing and motor yachts on display, a total of 100 exhibitors presenting yachting accessories and services took over the indoor section of Tese delle Nappe.
Among the boats confirmed to attend is the 50 metre Riva flagship superyacht Race, which hit the water for the first time in March. After making its debut at the Venice Boat Show, it will attend the Monaco Yacht Show in September.
A number of other yachts from the Ferretti Group portfolio also attended, measuring from 12 to 37 metres.
Yard managing director Fabrizio Iarrera previously said: “We return with pleasure to the city of Venice for a special occasion like the first edition of the boat show.” Italian shipyard Cranchi meanwhile presented its E52S and M44HT models.